This is number 2 in our Conversations videos.
Talking about pets
- A: "Have you got any pets?"
- B: "Yes, I've got a dog called Bella."
- A: "What kind of dog is she?"
- B: "She's a labrador."
- B: "She's really friendly."
Talking about trips
- A: "I stayed with my friends at the beach at the weekend."
- B: "Nice! How was the weather?"
- A: "It was perfect. We swam every day."
- B: "Lucky you!"
Talking about the cinema
- B: "Do you go to the cinema much?"
- A: "I do! Every week."
- A: "I just saw "The Secrets of Shadow Lake."
- B: "Is it as good as they say it is?"
- A: "Definitely! It had me on the edge of my seat!"
Talking about local news
- B: "Did you hear about the new shopping mall that's been opened?"
- A: "Oh yes. I saw it on the news."
- B: "Shall we go and check it out?"
- A: "Sure. Let's go this Saturday."
Talking about travelling around
- A: "Do you get the bus to work?"
- B: "No, I usually take the train."
- B: "It's faster."
- A: "That's true. The bus can be really slow sometimes."
- B: "Yes, especially during rush-hour."
Talking about sports
- B: "Did you watch the game last night?"
- A: "I did, but I didn't like the result."
- B: "You shouldn't support such a rubbish team!"
- A: "You're funny! That's the first game your team has won this season!"